Building Cloud Native Applications Using Kubernetes
Are you interested in some deep dive experience with containers, microservices, kubernetes, and the Azure cloud platform? This all day session will be delivered by some of our best Engineers from Microsoft and Cardinal to help our customers build and deliver cloud native applications in Azure. We will spend much of the day doing hands-on work in a Hackfest style workshop.
This Hackfest is focused on two scenarios:
- Orchestrating, managing and monitoring large scale container deployments of cloud native applications
- Containerizing an existing application
Container Orchestration and Deployment
We will explore multiple orchestration options and approaches as well as management and monitoring considerations. Advanced topics will include persistent data storage options as well as integration for log management. We will also dive into interesting new scenarios leveraging advanced Azure services.
Containerizing Existing Applications
Developers are looking for ways to build applications quicker and with easier deployment capabilities. Infrastructure architects are interested in increasing server density and isolation between applications. A great solution for both of these audiences is containerization on Azure. We will explore best practices for containerizing your existing application as well as image registries and integration with CI/CD tooling.
The event will be targeted at cloud application architects. Though there will be some intro material initially, the session is meant to deep dive as the day progresses.
- ISVs, Enterprises or Digital Agencies considering moving their Linux based applications to Azure and would like to explore containers.
- Companies interested in exploring ways to modernize CI/CD processes.
- Organizations who are analyzing Containers as an approach to increase server density or improve deployments.
- Organizations interested in solutions to help deploy, manage, monitor and scale cloud applications
Gives and Gets
- Work alongside Cardinal and Microsoft engineers to help you design a plan to accelerate your cloud migration by modernizing an existing application.
- Engage in architecture and coding sessions with Cardinal and Microsoft engineers to understand the options available for running containers in production and at scale with open source orchestrator solutions.
- Post-Hackfest engagements to ensure your continued success.
- Attend the Hackfest with your lead architects and IT Pro’s. We strongly recommend including a technical decision maker and architect level resource.
- Define an initial target application for migration. The more specific your application architecture is, the more likely we will be able to go deeper on specific areas and prototype your migration.
- Share feedback on how the services worked for your application and areas for improvement.