Join us for a deep dive experience into the new Microsoft Spark offering Azure Databricks. This full-day workshop will be co-delivered by some of our best Microsoft Engineers and our partners at Databricks, the creators of Spark. Attendees will come out of the day with a strong understanding of the Azure Databricks and hands on experience with the Spark solution.
This workshop will focus on two areas:
Overview of the Azure Databrick solution and Demo
- 9am-10am - Azure Databricks overview
- 10am-10:30am - Demo
- This session will focus on the Azure Databricks solution and the key differentiators in the market. Highlights for the data scientist, IT administrator and the business decision maker will be covered. Security, RBAC, notebook experience, administration, comparison to other offerings, use cases and case studies will all be covered.
Azure Databricks Hands on Lab
- 10:45- 4:30pm Hands on Lab
- Loading data, Connecting to Azure Blob Storage, Structured Streaming Demo, Spark SQL, Connect to SQL DW, Databricks optimizations, Machine Learning in Azure Databricks, end of day recap of labs and review core Azure Databrick value
- Prerequisite: Attendees should be familiar with Spark and at least one programming language (Python/Scala/SQL)
- Azure Databricks
- Machine Learning
Who should attend:
- Data Scientists
- Data Engineers
- VP of Analytics (business roles welcome for the 1st 90 min of the day, overview & demo)
As part of this workshop, please plan to bring a laptop with you.
Please note: Workshop content presumes a 300-level of architectural expertise of infrastructure and solutions design in this domain (even if on another platform). Attendees should be familiar with Spark and at least one programming language (Python/Scala/SQL)