This course is designed to benefit anyone actively contributing to software development and looking to modernize their skills and take their team to the next level. Applicable roles include Programmers, Business Analysts, QA Analysts, Designers, Architects, etc. Existing Scrum Masters and Product Owners are also welcome! Keep in mind that all Scrum Team members will be expected to contribute directly to software development during the course.
Students will be encouraged to self-organize to form cross-functional teams containing all skillsets required to analyze, develop, test, and deliver fully functioning high quality software.
The course will cover the following topics and more:
- Scrum framework theory
- Managing and tracking work in a Product Backlog
- Modern engineering practices such as Test-Driven Development
- Emergent architecture
- Continuous Integration (CI)
- Modern tooling in both the .NET and Java stacks
- Agile planning
- Effective Agile testing
- Overcoming real-world team dysfunctions
- Practical application of Scrum