The 2-day Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO) course teaches people how to maximize the delivery of value through software products and systems. More than writing requirements or managing a Product Backlog, Product Owners need to have a concrete understanding of all product management aspects that drive value from their products. The PSPO course focuses on all of these areas to teach students how to maximize the value of software products and systems.
PSPO is the cutting-edge course for Product Owners, Agile product managers and anyone responsible for a software product’s success in the market. The breadth of the Product Owner's responsibilities in delivering a successful product will become clearer, and metrics are identified to track the creation of value and the successful delivery of the product to the marketplace.
In this course, students will develop and solidify their knowledge of being a Product Owner through instruction, discussion, and real-life cases with teams of classmates.
- Agile Product Management
- Value-Driven Development
- Scrum Principles & Empiricism
- The Scrum Framework
- Product Backlog Management
- Release Management
- Students will have a clear understanding of the mechanics of Scrum and how the Product Owner role fits in
- Students can act as a Product Owner for Scrum Teams and stakeholders
- Students can effectively increase the business agility of their organization
Who Should Attend
The Professional Scrum Product Owner course may be valuable to all involved in software development in the Scrum framework, but has been specifically designed for those accountable for maximizing the value of delivered products and services, including:
- Product Managers and Scrum Product Owners responsible for the delivery of a product
- IT Development Managers responsible for a line of business or internal company system
- Strategy Managers responsible for the overarching direction of a product or product family
Attendees will be able to make the most of the class if they:
- Have studied the Scrum Guide (required)
- Have taken the Scrum Open (free online assessment)
- Have taken the Professional Scrum Foundations course, or have experience on or exposure to a Scrum Team
- Possess a general understanding of requirements and requirements decomposition
- Have been on or closely involved with a project that builds or enhances a product
- Want to know more about how Scrum works, how to use it, and how to implement it in an organization
Assessment & Certification
Upon course completion, attendees have the opportunity to take an online assessment of their skills and earn their Professional Scrum Product Owner I (PSPO I) and/or Professional Scrum Product Owner II (PSPO II) certification.