Implementing MicroStrategy can be a challenge even for seasoned IT professional but it can be made easier by avoiding some of the most common mistakes. This presentation will cover the 5 most common architectural issues found in new implementations. The information is based on real world challenges faced by users posting to the MicroStrategy Community Website.
Key points that will be covered:
- Not understanding the language of MicroStrategy
- Poorly constructed data model - Data Relationships and Hierarchies
- Not understanding how the MicroStrategy SQL Engine operates - Multi-pass SQL, Choosing tables, table joins
- Unresolved many-to-many relationships
- How dimensionality effects aggregation